The Powerful Raleigh Defense Attorney
You Deserve in Your Corner
A criminal charge might be the scariest thing you face in life. Whether you are accused of a DWI, assault, juvenile crime, sex offense, theft, or another crime in Wake County, a conviction or guilty plea could result in severe consequences. You do not have to deal with this alone. If you've been charged with a crime, contact our Raleigh Criminal lawyer right away.
North Carolina assesses harsh penalties for misdemeanor and felony criminal offenses. For instance, being found guilty of either could lead to incarceration and/or fines. Additionally, depending on the offense, sanctions may include driver's license suspension, victim restitution, and sex offender registration requirements. The conviction will also show up on your criminal record, which could make finding a job, getting a place to live, and readjusting to society difficult.
Because the future of you and your family is at stake, it is crucial that you speak with our Raleigh criminal defense attorney about your case as soon as possible. Whether you have been arrested or are under a criminal investigation, getting started on your case right away can substantially impact the outcome.
Criminal matters are intricate, and even the smallest detail can profoundly affect how things progress. At Floyd Law Offices, our criminal lawyer is ready and able to put in the time necessary to thoroughly investigate your situation, review relevant case law, and build an aggressive defense on your behalf.
Your Case Is Unique.
Our Defense Is Tailored for You.
Our Raleigh criminal defense attorney has extensive legal experience and has handled thousands of cases in Wake County courts.
He has a track record of success and has achieved favorable outcomes, including not guilty verdicts, in a range of criminal matters, from misdemeanors to first-degree murder.
Our criminal defense firm has established a solid reputation for aggressive and honest advocacy in North Carolina.
Solid Track Record of Success
Free Case Evaluations
Flexible Payment Plans
Experienced Criminal Defense
Confident in the Courtroom
At Floyd Law Offices, we take pride in providing the best customer service to our clients. Read What past clients had
to say about our firm.
“Chris was very thorough and I would highly recommend him to my family and friends!”- Jasmine
“Trust the Process”- He will get the job done!
“Always keep his card with you!”- Autumn
“Amazing attorney”- Carol
Our founding attorney is more than a skilled criminal defense lawyer. He is also a proven litigator with extensive trial experience. Thousands of clients from all walks of life have received second chances as a result of our firm's level of representation.
By entrusting your criminal case to us, we automatically set the bar high for the other side.
The fact that our attorney has never prosecuted a case shows that his allegiance has always lied with the criminally-accused.
He has tried many cases before state courts across North Carolina, as well as the United States District Court. Attorney Chris Floyd remains ready and prepared for anything when handling a criminal matter, including trial.
Chris Floyd Founding Attorney
- DWI: In North Carolina, a person may be charged with a DWI when they allegedly operate a vehicle with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or higher (for persons 21 years of age or over) or 0.04 or higher (for commercial drivers). A conviction can result in jail time, fines, community service, probation, and driver's license suspension.
- Assault: A person may be charged with an assaultive offense when they commit or threaten to commit harm against another person. Penalties for an assault conviction include probation, jail, and/or fines.
- Drug Crimes: Controlled substance offenses can include possession, trafficking, distribution, and manufacturing. North Carolina takes these crimes seriously and imposes severe penalties upon those convicted.
- Juvenile Crimes: Depending on the severity of the criminal offense, a person under 18 years of age may be processed through the Juvenile Justice program or juvenile court system. Each of these systems is different from the adult process, which is why it is necessary to hire a Raleigh criminal lawyer who knows how to handle juvenile cases.
- Speeding and Traffic Violations: Some traffic offenses may result in a citation and fines, while others can lead to incarceration. Either way, these are crimes that need to be handled by an experienced attorney.
- Theft: Various offenses may be charged as theft crimes, such as robbery, breaking and entering, grand theft auto, and identity theft. The penalties depend on the value of the property and the conduct involved.
- Underage Alcohol Offenses: Persons under 21 years of age are prohibited from buying, possessing, or consuming alcohol. These crimes can be charged as misdemeanors and carry penalties such as probation, fines, and incarceration.
- Weapons Offenses: These crimes include, but are not limited to, prohibited persons in possession of a firearm, concealed weapons violations, straw purchasing of firearms, and possession of prohibited firearms. Depending on the conduct involved, a conviction can lead to jail or prison, fines, and/or probation. It is crucial that anyone accused of an offense speak with a Raleigh criminal attorney as soon as possible.
- Domestic Violence: These offenses involve causing or attempting to cause physical or psychological harm to someone with whom the alleged offender has a personal relationship. The penalties imposed upon a conviction depend on the underlying offense.
- Expungements: A criminal record can make it challenging to find a job, a place to live, or qualify for certain benefits, among other hurdles. An expungement is a way to have certain offenses removed from a criminal record, providing relief from the collateral consequences of a conviction.
- Protective Orders: If a court issues a domestic violence or civil no-contact protective order against a person, that individual will be limited on where they can go, whom they can communicate with, and whether they can maintain custody of their children, among other restrictions. A criminal lawyer can help present a compelling case as to why the order should not be granted.
- Sex Crimes: Various offenses fall under the umbrella term “sex crimes.” These are offenses that involve some type of sexual activity and include, but are not limited to, prostitution and solicitation, rape, and statutory rape. A conviction can result in incarceration, fines, and, in some cases, a requirement to register as a sex offender.
- Violent Crimes: These offenses involve the use or threatened use of force against another person. They include but are not limited to assault, battery, domestic violence, and murder. North Carolina takes these crimes very seriously, and courts can impose harsh penalties upon a conviction.
- White Collar Crimes: Typically financially motivated and occurring within the business and government sectors, white collar crimes generally involve deception. They include, but are not limited to, embezzlement, tax evasion, money laundering, identity theft, and credit card theft. The penalties can include fines, prison sentences, and probation, not to mention a damaged reputation.
As our founding attorney has helped many individuals facing criminal accusations in Raleigh through the justice system, we know what methods to use and legal avenues to explore to seek the best possible result for our clients. We will leverage our knowledge and skills to guide you through your case and work toward obtaining an optimal outcome on your behalf.
We also recognize that each case is unique, and no one strategy can be universally applied to all matters. That is why our Raleigh criminal defense lawyer gets to know the people we serve. We take the time to learn about the case from their point of view. By getting to know our clients and understanding their needs and goals, we can craft a defense strategy for their particular situation. When you trust your criminal case to us, we will keep your best interests at the forefront and work diligently for you. We will be committed to protecting your rights and freedoms.
We Stand Up for You
When you are charged with a criminal offense, a Wake County prosecutor will be working to prove that you are guilty. While they might have evidence against you to support the allegations, that does not mean it is strong enough to remove doubt from the minds of the judge or jury. To expose the weaknesses in the prosecution’s case, you need a criminal lawyer on your side who knows the law, what elements need to be proved, and how to develop strategic and compelling defenses.
At Floyd Law Offices, our Raleigh criminal defense attorney knows what it takes to go up against even the most formidable opponents and does not back down from a challenge. We are client-focused, results-driven, and prepared to take on complex criminal cases. Our approach involves exploring and discussing every legal option with our clients to determine what course of action to pursue.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me
Whether you are under criminal investigation, have been arrested, or have been officially charged with a crime, now is the time to reach out to Floyd Law Offices for your defense. Building a persuasive and aggressive legal strategy takes time. The sooner you have a Raleigh criminal lawyer on your side, the more time they have to focus on your case.
From the beginning of your case until its conclusion, our Raleigh criminal defense attorney can provide the advice and guidance you need. We will ensure that you understand your rights, the criminal justice process in Wake County, and the possible outcomes. Consult with our criminal lawyer today for a straightforward assessment of your case.
Our track record truly speaks for itself. Because of our approach to criminal law and the cases we handle, we have helped many of our previous clients get criminal charges against them reduced or dropped altogether. Take a look.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. R.G
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. C.W.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. G.S.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. M.G.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. M.B.
We are prepared to do everything in our power to protect your freedom and stand up for your constitutional rights.
Even the DAs know that our firm is a force to be reckoned with.