License SuspensionAggressive Criminal Defense. Fearless at Trial.
for DWI in North Carolina
A Raleigh DWI Attorney Who Will Fight for You
One of the most inconvenient and life-altering penalties associated with DWI is a license suspension. In fact, it is possible for you to lose your license even before your case heads to court in North Carolina.
Suspension for Refusal
If you refused to take the official state breath test after your arrest, the DMV will suspend your license for one year, regardless of how many (if any) priors are on your record. It may be possible to qualify for a limited driving permit after serving six months of this suspension.
If you are convicted of DWI, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will impose a separate license suspension on top of any penalties assessed by the court in your case. The length of this suspension will depend on how many priors may be on your record and sentencing level of the DWI.
- First DWI: one year
- Second DWI (within three years of the first DWI conviction(: four years
- Third DWI (with prior conviction within five years immediately preceding the current offense): permanent
- Impaired driving sentenced at Aggravated Level 1: Permanent
Fight your license suspension with help from an aggressive Raleigh DWI defense attorney at Floyd Law Offices. Call (919) 805-3663 to schedule your free consultation.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. C.R.
- Not Guilty of all charges. State of North Carolina v. C.D.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. C.B
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. B.W.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. A.M.
Free Case Evaluations
Confident in the Courtroom
Experienced Criminal Defense
Flexible Payment Plans
Solid Track Record of Success