Protective OrderAggressive Criminal Defense. Fearless at Trial. Contact Us
Protecting the Rights of Individuals
Facing Restraining Orders
If you have been served with domestic violence or civil no-contact protective order and are required to appear for a hearing, it is imperative to speak with a lawyer to guide you through the matter. These types of orders could affect whom you can have contact with, where you can go, and whether you can maintain custody of your children. When you attend a court proceeding to fight the order, you must provide evidence that challenges the alleged victim’s claims.
At Floyd Law Offices, our attorney is ready to provide the legal help you need to defend order against you. We have extensive experience handling various criminal law matters, and we know how to present compelling arguments in court to seek favorable outcomes in these kinds of cases.
To discuss your situation during a free, confidential consultation, call us at (919) 805-3663.
Types of Protective Orders
In North Carolina, different types of protective orders include:
- Domestic Violence (50B), which could result in the individual being evicted from their home, required to make child or spousal support payments, restricted from contacting the alleged victim by phone or in person, prohibited from purchasing a firearm, and required to attend a treatment program.
- Civil no-contact (50C), which could restrict an individual from contacting the alleged victim by phone or in person at the home, school, workplace, or other areas where they are present. A 50C order can be temporary or permanent.
Some alleged victims might have nefarious reasons for pursuing this type of legal action and may file a false claim for protection. Unfortunately, courts tend to err on the side of caution when granting a protective order request, which means you may be subject to restrictions based on bogus allegations.
Our lawyer will look at every detail of your case to gather evidence and prove that the alleged victim does not have a reason to obtain a protective order.
Retain the Services of an Aggressive Advocate
A court granting a protective order issued against you could have substantial impacts on your life. At Floyd Law Offices, we will leverage our knowledge and skills to contest the allegations made by an alleged victim and work toward a favorable result on your behalf.
Our Raleigh protective order defense attorney has extensive trial experience and is a competent litigator who knows how to cross-examine witnesses and uncover inaccuracies in their claims.
We are available 24/7 to answer your questions. Call us at (919) 805-3663 or contact us online today.
Countless Defense Cases Won
Past Verdicts & Settlements
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. C.R.
- Not Guilty of all charges. State of North Carolina v. C.D.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. C.B
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. B.W.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. A.M.
Floyd Law Offices?
Solid Track Record of Success
Flexible Payment Plans
Experienced Criminal Defense
Confident in the Courtroom
Free Case Evaluations