MarijuanaAggressive Criminal Defense. Fearless at Trial. Contact Us
Marijuana Defense Attorney in Raleigh
Defending Clients Facing Marijuana Charges in Wake County
While many states have legalized marijuana for medicinal and/or recreational use, it is still illegal to use or possess for any reason in North Carolina.
Marijuana is a Schedule I drug, which means that the penalties for possession, trafficking, and manufacture of this substance are serious. Let our Raleigh drug crime attorney defend you.
Have you been charged with marijuana possession in North Carolina? Call Floyd Law Offices PLLC today at (919) 805-3663 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our Raleigh marijuana defense lawyer!
What are the Penalties for Possession of Marijuana in North Carolina?
You can be charged with selling, manufacturing, delivering, transporting, or possessing marijuana in North Carolina. The specifics of and penalties for your offense will depend on the amount of the drug that was found at the time.
- Possession for Personal Use is a misdemeanor, punishable by:
- .05 ounces or less: $200 maximum fine
- .05 ounces to 1.5 ounces: one to 45 days in jail, $1,000 maximum fine
- 5 ounces to 10 pounds: 3 to 8 months in jail, maximum $1,000 fine
- Possession with Intent to Distribute and Sale or Delivery are felony offenses, with penalties as follows:
- 10 to 50 pounds: 25 to 39 months in prison, maximum $5,000 fine
- 50 to 2,000 pounds: 35 to 51 months in prison, maximum $25,000 fine
- 2,000 to 10,000 pounds: 70 to 93 months in prison, maximum $50,000 fine
- 10,000 pounds or more: 175 to 219 months, maximum $200,000 fine
Additional penalties can be incurred if you attempt to distribute, sell or deliver marijuana to a pregnant woman or a minor.
Contact Our Marijuana Defense Lawyer Today
While marijuana use is becoming more commonplace across the country, it is important to remember that it is still considered an illegal drug in our state. If you or a loved one is facing marijuana-related drug charges, contact Floyd Law Offices immediately for a free, no-obligation review of your case.
Contact Floyd Law Offices PLLC today to schedule a FREE consultation with our Raleigh marijuana defense attorney!
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. R.G
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. C.W.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. G.S.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. M.G.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. M.B.
Solid Track Record of Success
Experienced Criminal Defense
Confident in the Courtroom
Flexible Payment Plans
Free Case Evaluations