Ecstasy CrimesAggressive Criminal Defense. Fearless at Trial. Contact Us
Ecstasy Crime Defense Lawyer in Raleigh
Fighting for Our Clients
Also known as “MDMA” “X” and “E,” ecstasy is considered a party drug; however, it is a dangerous controlled substance—so dangerous, in fact, that it is classified as a Schedule I drug, which are among the most addictive and widely abused club drugs.
It is illegal under both federal and North Carolina law to possess any amount of ecstasy. If you are convicted, you could face serious penalties, depending on the amount of the drug found in your possession.
Penalties for Possession of Ecstasy
Possession of ecstasy is a Class I felony in North Carolina. In order to charge and convict you, the prosecution must prove that the drug was indeed in your possession (either on your person or property) and that you had full knowledge of this.
Penalties for possession of ecstasy include up to five months in prison.
Trafficking in MDMA
If you are found to have 100 or more capsules or other dosage units OR more than 28 grams of MDA, you can be charged with intent to traffic.
The type of felony and range of punishment will depend on the amount of the drug that was found, as follows:
- 100 to 499 capsules or dosage units or between 28 to 199 grams: Class G felony, punishable by up to 51 months in prison and a minimum $25,000 fine
- 500-999 tablets or dosage unit and 200 to 399 grams: Class F felony, punishable by up to 93 months in prison and a minimum $50,000 fine
- 1,000 or more tablets or dosage units or 400 grams or more: Class D felony, punishable by up to 222 months in prison and a minimum $250,000 fine
If you are facing consequences after an ecstasy arrest, call (919) 805-3663 now.
Our phones are answered 24/7 and we offer free case consultations.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. C.R.
- Not Guilty of all charges. State of North Carolina v. C.D.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. C.B
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. B.W.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. A.M.
Solid Track Record of Success
Experienced Criminal Defense
Free Case Evaluations
Confident in the Courtroom
Flexible Payment Plans