First Offense DWIAggressive Criminal Defense. Fearless at Trial. Contact Us
First Offense DWI in
Dedicated Defense from a Raleigh DWI Attorney
North Carolina takes a notoriously tough stance on DWI offenders. Even a first-time DWI offense carries severe penalties. If you are facing DUI charges in Raleigh, it is important to seek aggressive legal representation. DWI charges can have devastating effects on your future and your reputation.
DWI Defense Sentencing Levels
In Raleigh, there are six potential penalty levels for DWI that varies depending on the severity of the crime. The determining factors for which level that could be put against you include your BAC level, reckless driving, status of your license, and if any injuries occurred. DWI sentencing will be broken down into level 5, level 4, level 3, level 2, level 1, and aggravated level 1.
If you are facing DWI charges in Raleigh, schedule a consultation
with our defense attorneys today!
Penalties for 1st Offense DUI in Raleigh
The penalties for a first offense DWI will be assessed depending on the sentencing level of your particular case. In North Carolina, a first-offense DWI charge will result in a level 1 DWI sentencing. Level 1 DWI sentencing includes a maximum of 2 years in jail, up to $4,000 in fines, mandatory drug treatment, and probation.
The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) may impose certain penalties in addition to those you receive as part of a criminal conviction. In fact, these penalties may be effective before your case even goes to trial.
- Your license will be civilly suspended for 30 days, although you may file for limited driving privileges after 10 days
- If you refused the breath test, your license could be automatically suspended for one year
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. R.G
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. C.W.
- Not Guilty State of North Carolina v. G.S.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. M.G.
- Dismissed State of North Carolina v. M.B.
Experienced Criminal Defense
Confident in the Courtroom
Flexible Payment Plans
Solid Track Record of Success
Free Case Evaluations